Happy Sunday friends!
Did you all have a nice weekend? I know I sure did! It was busy and I hardly got any sleep, but it was ridiculously fun. Because so many things happened, I thought I’d do something Sarah does every Sunday and list out seven things I’ve done.
1. We had two of our friends over for dinner Friday night. So I made garlic hummus and the healthy guac with homemade pita chips. For dinner I made the delicious baked macaroni and cheese – the ultimate comfort food that is worth every calorie! After that we did our usual: Wine and Game of Thrones!! We’re re-watching the first season before Season 2 starts up in April! Is anyone else as excited as we are about this?
2. I got up super early on Saturday to attend an agile conference in Dearborn. For those of you who don’t know, the not-for-profit I work for uses the agile method. It’s a fantastic workflow and a lot of companies use it! I was so pleased and proud of us because we already do a lot of the things the conference discussed. Working in an agile environment has made me more organized, more productive and is helping me get ahead. The seminars I sat in on were fascinating. I learned so much! It got me super pumped for the Agile Alliance conference in Dallas later this summer!
3. I made a ridiculously delicious spicy black bean soup today for Soup Sunday. I’ll have more details on that, and the recipe, later on this week.
4. My parents are coming to visit today! They’re dropping off Chibi (the pet cockatiel) for us to watch while they’re out of town this week. I always like to make sure our place is absolutely perfect when they come over. Except now it smells like onions and spices from the soup this morning, so I have the patio door opened and two candles burning. Le sigh.
5. We got all our weddings photos in and we’re slowly starting to think of what ones we want to frame and hang up! I also designed our photo thank you cards and those came in and look awesome! Now comes the fun part of writing them out and sending them off.
6. I bought a Kindle Touch and it came in over the weekend. I love it! I’m just waiting for the case to come in (should be Monday or Tuesday) and then I can really use it (take it on the bus for my morning commute). Knowing me, I’ll drop it or something now, so I want the case before I do anything.
7. I finished The Help last night. I didn’t want to sleep until I finished it. It was a moral imperative. I only had like 50 pages left last night so I knew I had to finish it right then and there. Do you ever do that? Anyway, that makes only 4 books into my 30 book resolution! The Help was really good! Now I want to see the movie. I’ll have a summary of all the 30 books I’ve read this year, later this year. I know I want to read the Hunger Games series and Dragon Tattoo series, but I’m not sure what else!
So now I need to give our place one last look over before my parents come! I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday! :)
Do you have any books you can recommend for me to read?