Ah yes, it’s that time. In exactly one year and three weeks (that’s 386 days y’all!) I’ll be turning the big 3-0 and unlike the stereotype, I’m not really freaking out about it. We all get older! That’s a fact. Just embrace it and hang on for the ride! I’ll welcome 30 with open arms.
So it’s time to make the obligatory list of things I hope to achieve before the milestone birthday rolls around. I’m hoping to achieve 31 things. Why 31? In Indian culture even numbers are bad, so how about a challenge to do one more than the usual? I don’t know if I’ll do all of them, but I’ll be more than satisfied if I could even do just half!
In no particular order, here we go:
Run a race (Specifically this one…but any 5K would be good!) – (completed 4/6/13)
Get ooga’d in Rose City, MI – (completed 3/22/13)
Work on the house (paint, buy decor, whatever! – hello Pinterest) – (completed 2012-2013 – fence put in, rooms painted, pictures hung!)
4. Trip to Stowe, VT in April with REB to family time share. I freaking LOVE Vermont <3
5. Learn to ski or snowboard while in Stowe
6. Start a garden and maintain it
Host any kind of shower (bridal or baby) or party for a friend or family member – (pampered one of my pregnant bestie’s to a day of beauty and rest, which I consider to be like hosting her a party ;) completed 4/27/13)
Work on gaining more exposure for photography business – (completed 3/23/13)
Book & photograph a wedding – (completed 3/23/13)
10. Do a portrait session in Detroit
11. Go on a hot air balloon ride
12. Visit seester in Chicago more than twice a year
Go one week without TV – (completed 3/6/13 – 3/13/13)
Redesign blog and logo – (completed 11-29-12)
15. Ride 500 miles on my bike
16. Attend a Red Wings hockey game
17. Learn how to change a tire
Cut caffeine out of diet for one week (this means you, coffee!) – (completed 1/5/13 – 1/12/13)
19. Go vegan for one week (I’ll miss you Greek yogurt :-[…)
20. Go camping (backyard doesn’t count bahaha)
21. Attend a Steelers game at Heinz Field (black and yellow!)
22. Go to Cedar Point (been far too long <3)
Buy this camera (time to upgrade!) – (completed 5/19/13)
24. Sell one or more of my photography prints on Etsy
25. Prepare and cook at least two recipes from of each cookbook I own
26. Host a vegetarian + wine pairing dinner party for friends…or just a wine tasting party
27. Read 31 books
28. Try a new DIY project each month – hello again, Pinterest!
29. Create a meal entirely out of farmers market finds
Replace my Mac (mine has seen better days) — (completed 1-4-13)
31. Trip to NYC with bestie for 30th birthday celebrations (we’ve been planning for a year, so you know it’s going to be good!)
Like I said, if I can complete even half, I will be pretty happy. Stay tuned and check back to see what I’ve crossed off the list!
Have any of you made a bucket list before?
What’s on your list?