I never knew what a vlog was, but then I went over to Sarah Learns and saw her post about doing an accent vlog, so I decided I’d give it a shot, too!
So here’s how it works. I’m supposed to record a video of myself saying the following words:
aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, new orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught
And then I’m supposed to answer the following questions:
- what is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- what is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
- what is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- what do you call gym shoes?
- what do you say to address a group of people?
- what do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- what do you called the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- what do you call it when rain falls when the sun is shining?
- what is the thing you change the tv channel with?
I’ve lived all over the country – twice now in Michigan (I used to live in the U.P.). There was a time where I lived in Mississippi, but I wonder if I truly have a “Michigan accent” or not. You be the judge and let me know!
Additionally, I have this dialect survey REB showed me once and I’ve kept the link! It’s interesting to see how people say certain words or phrases from all over the country. You can check that out here.
Lastly, I’m chillaxing in bed, so excuse the backdrop and if I look like a hot mess. I also don’t know why the sound went from uber loud to uber soft…so I apologize in advance if it’s hard to hear!
Here we go!
So what do you think? Northern accent or not? I think I definitely have on! I hope you all give it a shot and then come back and share it! :)
A big thanks to Sarah for sharing hers!