You’re looking at a girl who jumped on the Foodie Penpals bandwagon…and I love it. I totally see myself participating in this every single month! I’d read about the treats other bloggers I follow would receive and wanted in on the fun. So I did it too. And boy, am I ever happy!
The lovely Emily (a reader) sent me a fantastic package.
I couldn’t believe all the great stuff she got me! She had emailed me prior to find out what I liked and didn’t like. But she did say one thing: “hope you like coffee!” But of course! She knew I was a vegetarian after visiting my blog and knew I liked healthier treats, but wasn’t afraid to indulge in some sweet treats ;) I told her I liked things made local. Being from Ann Arbor, REB and I strive to buy local from the farmers market, local grocery stores, locally-branded items, etc. So anything I could have that was Portland- or Oregon-related, I was all for it!
She didn’t disappoint.
In this delightful package was a bountiful array of delicious treats!
- Variety of Justin’s individual nut butters (maple almond butter, chocolate almond butter, honey peanut butter)
- Variety of individual Tazo-brand tea bags
- Portland COFFEE! – fresh beans to be exact (it’s the first thing I smelled even before opening the box!)
This hot sauce. Did I mention she also listened to me when I said “I love spicy things!”…? This habanero hot sauce is not only spicy and delicious but it’s also made in Oregon! Twofer!
Two bars (each 2 oz.) of Dagoba brand dark chocolate. The one there on top is lavender and blueberry: sweet and delicious. The one on the bottom is the one I REALLY like, though.
This bar was xocolatl flavored aka chocolate with hints of chilies! Again, she listened to me when I said loved indulging in sweet treats and this one was not only dark chocolate (my fav) but it had that great kick to it. I’ve been enjoying a tiny piece each day after I finish my lunch. Perfect (and healthy!) way to end a meal if you ask me!
I can’t even begin to thank Emily. She is not only one of the sweetest people I’ve had the pleasure to get to know (if only through email), but she listened, delivered and provided some excellent things for me to try! So thank you Emily! You are a true gem of gems! :)
And for those of you who are curious, I sent my FPP package to the lovely Alexis of Pumped Pumpkin. Go check out her blog to see the goods she got from yours truly ;) But really, read her blog. She’s a fitness enthusiast and has some fabulous, healthy recipes on her blog!
Want in on the fun? Head over to Lindsay’s blog The Lean Green Bean to sign up!
Here are the deets:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!