I know, I know. I’ve neglected my piece of Internet for almost a month. It’s horrible, but I have a good excuse: LIFE.
Seriously. Things have been so busy lately and the blog has been the last thing on my mind. I feel so horrible for saying that, but it’s true! The thing is, so much has been going and I’ve been taking pictures. However when the day is done, the last thing I want to do is download pictures to a computer, sit down and write it all out.
I also feel bad for not giving blog love lately to all my favorite bloggers. I’ve been neglecting that as well. I apologize and send hugs to all of you!
But I will say this: I’m still here! I do still exist! If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you’ll see that I do still exist. I’ve even been neglecting the Twitterverse, too. Ugh. Just that time of the year I guess.
So real quick, here’s what’s been happening:
- I bought a new camera body! I finally upgraded and joined the full frame club. I am now the proud owner of a Canon 5D Mark ii and I absolutely love it! Love is an understatement really. I still plan on keeping my Rebel as a backup and for the everyday (like taking pictures of food if I ever make something worth blogging about ever again. Stupid busy-ness). The 5D is really for all the sessions I book so I don’t put too much wear and tear on it.
- Memorial Day came and went and I had a BBQ with family and friends. REB was in Vegas with his best friends for a bachelor party and I didn’t want to be alone all weekend, so I invited people over. Logical.
- We’re past the one year mark and have been homeowners for one year! Hooray! I decided it was time to no longer have completely bare walls so I’ve started planning out where all the art prints I’ve collected throughout the years will be hung. It’s a fun process. I’ve also planned out which rooms I’ll tackle first in the decorating department so it’s a bit more of an organized process.
- I’ve been booking more sessions, which has had me really happy! That’s also what’s been taking up so much of my time at night: editing photos! I have a few sessions lined up this summer including two more weddings! I promise, promise to share some of those pictures soon! But you all can always go check out my Facebook photo page to see the ones I’ve taken recently!
- REB’s best friends wedding (the one he was in Vegas for the bachelor party) is at the end of June so I’ll be even more MIA while we’re in SoCal for that. I seriously can’t wait. A laid-back California wedding near wine country? Sign me up!
- When it hasn’t been raining nonstop everyday, REB and I have been riding our bikes again! I have a goal to ride 500 miles before my 30th birthday in October, and I still have another 475 or so go to - haha. Need to hope to it!
So even though things are busy-busy, I’m still thinking of all of you and promise to play catch up on your blogs. I hope to be a bit more “present” to update you on how the summer is going and what items I can check off the bucket list.
I hope you all have been doing well, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!