I know the title of this post seems a bit weird, but it was the first thought I had when a fellow blogger awarded me with this:
Becca over at Amuse Your Bouche tagged me and now I get to tag more peeps!
The first thing I need to do is thank Becca because I was pretty surprised. I hardly think my blog is versatile! Well OK, maybe it is a little versatile. It took me a long time to figure out what the main focus of this blog would be, but it became clear to me after REB and I came home from our honeymoon this past fall. The things I love are simple: food, photography, my dog, my hubby, living in Ann Arbor and traveling the world!
I’ve had this blog since 2007 (back then it was hosted through wordpress and had a whole different name) and in 2009, I became a grown up and decided to buy a domain name and all that jazz. So anyway, thank you Becca! P.S. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you must!! :)
So the next step is to select 15 bloggers who I think are also versatile. I don’t think I can come up with 15, so I’ll name the blogs that I read on a regular basis in my Google Reader. How’s that sound? Here we go:
Sarah Learns - Sarah’s blog is all about healthy living, healthy workouts, healthy recipes. I love it!
Veggie Next Door - Another fellow vegetarian, Diana has awesome recipes and adventures.
The Lean Green Bean - Lindsay is the founder of Foodie Penpals and has one of the most amazing health blogs I’ve seen.
Onion In My Hair - Living healthy in Chicago, Andrea cooks up vegetarian recipes and offers great workout tips.
Keep It Simple Foods - Jen makes food look beautiful and has recipes that are simple, comforting and can remind anyone of home.
Adventures of Amberherself - Amber writes about her every day life, her adorable dogs and adventures she and her hubby have in life and new home ownership!
Masala Herb – Helene makes some truly outstanding, unique Indian dishes I’ve never heard of, but bottom line: they look and sound delicious! Plus you can hear about her adventures in Goa, which is a place in India I’ve never visited but is definitely on my list!
If you don’t already read these blogs, you need to! They’re all phenomenal photographers and their recipes are fantastic. Plus they’re the sweetest people ever!
The last and final step is telling you seven random facts about myself. I don’t know if I can do that since I think most of you know me by now! But here goes nothing:
1. When I was a kid and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always answered with, “My mom.” Face it, she was Wonder Woman!
2. One of my goals in life is to see all the wonders of the world. I realize this is not only a very expensive thing to accomplish, but it’s also impossible (considering some don’t even exist anymore!) I have all the places printed out on a sheet of paper and cross them off after I’ve visited one. I’m actually very happy to say I’ve seen quite a few!
3. I obsessively (yes, obsessively) count every single calorie that I eat. It’s sick really. I know it annoys a lot of people and it’s a personal struggle of my own, but without knowing what I’m eating and burning each day, I fear I’ll go back up to that scary number I was a year ago. I know mentally it isn’t healthy, but it does keep me at ease when I’m on track. I hope it becomes more of a comforting thing than “job” of sorts.
4. I just opened up about something I was too scared to share with anyone.
5. I started a side photography venture and it has me excited! It’s also sort of taken off and while I’m not busy all the time, when I do get hired to take photos for maternity, children, engagement, couples, etc., it excites me more than words can describe! It only proves that photography is a huge passion of mine!
6. I’ve been in talks to partner with some companies to help sponsor my blog! I hope this will get more exposure for this piece of Internet and I hope you all continue coming over here :)
7. If you thought I was a jet-setter, you should meet my parents. They’ve been every where in the world. Literally. Every where. OK, not Antarctica but still! Last year, when I asked my dad where he and my mom would be going while he was on holiday in Germany, he literally stopped, thought about it and said, “I’m not sure. We’ve been every where at this point.” Must be nice ;)
And voila! Some more things about me you might not have already known. I hope those of you who are tagged will write a few things about yourself and pass the buck! :)
Happy Friday everyone!
Off topic, but what are your weekend plans?