Well well well. Lookie who it is.
I have no excuse for my blog absence except that I was just out doing my thing in life and most of you probably follow me on Instagram and have seen what I’ve been up to the past few…years. Yikes. Has it seriously been like two years? Whoops. I want to try to make a conscious effort to keeping this place updated because, well, I pay for it. And if anyone out there really does come here to see about updates, you will now hopefully have them!
All I can say is that 2015 totally kicked 2014′s butt. The year before last was a pretty hard one for both REB and myself. We had some pretty heavy family stuff going on, my job got ridiculously stressful (his too) and we had some other things happening. So I was glad that this past year was a nice change and for the better.
Here’s a quick recap of 2015!
• I traveled to Chicago a lot to see my nephew and spending time with him is the absolute best! He’s growing up so, so fast!
• REB and I traveled to Europe in May for two weeks. We went to Amsterdam, Brussels/Ghent/Brugge and Copenhagen (even spent a day in Sweden!) It was unforgettable! I still need to go through the big round of photos I took.
• My photography business is still thriving and kept me busy for a big chunk of the year. I have my friend to thank for that since I assisted her again for may of the weddings in 2015. I also booked and commissioned my first wedding entirely on my own for one of my best friends.
• I traveled to San Francisco over the summer while REB had a training for work there. It was a “long weekend” type trip but was sufficient. We saw some really great sites, hiked/ran up and down those ridiculous hills, saw some friends and ate a lot of really great food! That city is a lot of fun. If it wasn’t so horribly expensive there, I could see myself living in northern Cali.
• I gave myself another pat on the back for my progression in my fitness. This past year marked some new records for me and I’m stronger than I have been in years! I also found a yoga studio I really love where one of my favorite instructors teaches and have been enjoying adding that to weekly routine.
• We attended a few weddings this year; One of course being my friend’s wedding I was the photographer for; one being one of REB’s best friend/college roommates in upstate NY; and another was one of our high school friends here in Ann Arbor. All were fun, beautiful and we’re so happy for the newlyweds!
All in all, it was a pretty superb year and has me optimistic that this year is going to be another good one, too. I’m looking forward to making some fun times happen which includes:
• More photos! I’m happy to already have some sessions set up with families this year, plus hopefully helping my friend with weddings again
• More Canada! I hope to go to Toronto with my friend Amber again for TIFF in September
• More fitness! While I don’t have any set-in-stone fitness goals for myself, I do want to focus on improving my strength training and yoga progressions
• More events! This will be a year of events starting with some Spartan basketball games, Carly Rae Jepsen and Ellie Goulding concert and also seeing Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Stoked!
• More reading! I set another reading goal for myself. Follow me on Goodreads or follow along on my Instagram (#aebreads2016) to see what I’m reading and see if I can surpass my goal to read 40 books!
• More blogging! I’d like to keep this place updated for all of you with general going-ons in my life, what I’m reading, product reviews of what I’m using, what I’m eating and where I’m going.